November 15, 2019

Yummy Yummy Kitchen - Chinese Style BBQ Pork

Wake Up in the morning, suddenly have a thoughts:

1)  I should write a post about my cooking.
2)  My husband told me few weeks ago: May be you should write something about the food you cook. Your food always tastes so good.
3)  Actually, I already wrote the first recipe, it happened when my co-workers like the BBQ Pork I made, then I wrote the recipe and shared with them.

However, I haven't really think about put it in my blog at that time.  Don't know why, suddenly thinking about share it in here.

I need a name for these blog posts, came up so quick "Yummy Yummy Kitchen"

As I said, the first recipe I wrote is Chinese Style BBQ Pork....here it is!




Ingredients and Seasoning:
700g    Pork Shoulder
4 tbsp  Lee Kum Kee Barbecue Sauce (Char Siu Sauce)
1 tbsp  Light Soy Sauce
1 tbsp  Shaoxing White Wine (Kitchen White Wine)
optional - freshly grated ginger (it helps to soften the pork)



I always choose the Pork Shoulder that has little fat in it because it helps in baking. (explain later). 

I buy the Lee Kum Kee Barbecue Sauce at Superstore, or any Chinese Grocery Store.

Any Kitchen White Wine should work, it doesn't need to be Shaoxing, that just the brand I can buy in here.


Steps:

1) Rinse and cut the pork shoulder into half and do the seasoning.



2) Marinate the pork and put it in fridge. Marinate overnight is much better.



3) Next day, preheat oven to 350F. Cover with foil and bake for about 45-60 minutes. Make sure the pork is fully cooked.

4) Put away the foil, it still doesn't look like BBQ Pork yet.



5) Prepare another baking tray with rack, move the pork on the rack.




6) Spoon the sauce on the pork. (the juicy sauce is from step 4)





7) Lower the oven temperature to 200F, put it back for another 10-15 minutes.

8) Flip over the pork, spoon the sauce on it, and bake for another 10-15 minutes.



9) Time to put honey on it!!! Watch out, the pork is easily to be burnt after putting honey on!

10) Bake for another 5 minutes and do the same on the other side.




It's DONE!

Let the BBQ Pork sit for at least 10 minutes after taking out from the oven. This way, it helps to keep the juice inside the pork.

Remarks: Don't worry about the fat in pork shoulder because it needs the fat to bake the pork, otherwise the pork will be too dry.  You can take out the fat when you eat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment