June 23, 2021

STEAM Project Newton's Marble Cradle

Because of COVID-19, I am being temporary laid off and my kids are out of children for a certain period of time. We have to do some home schooling.  Besides thinking about academic learning, I still need to think about something else to teach them, including art, physical activities, science experiment, etc.

One of the science activities we did is Newton's Cradle, my kids called Marble Cradle. We were going to experience the scientific theory of force and transformation of energy.

STEAM Project Newton's Cradle


Truth to tell, it's a bit difficult than I expected. 

Simply said, it shows the potential energy and kinetic energy in the elastic collisions. You can watch this video here.


When making this Newton's Marble Cradle, I use popsicle sticks, strings and marble. Kids need an assistance with adults when using hot glue gun.


Newton's Marble Cradle


The hardest part is to make sure all the marbles are line straightly to each other, you can view it from the top and from the side, otherwise it won't work well and it can't demonstrates how potential energy convert to kinetic energy.


STEAM Project Newton's Marble Cradle

You can find out more information about Newton's Cradle here

Thanks for visiting my blog.





No comments:

Post a Comment