November 16, 2015

DIY - How to make Rhinestone Headband by using Paracord technique

As I mentioned in my older posts that I make hairbows to sell, and at the same time I will custom made hairbows, hairclips and headbands for my two sweeties. As long as they tell me what style they like, I will try to mix and match the materials.

In couple times, I followed my thoughts and ideas to make something for them, even I am very satisfied on what I made but I found out that they like it and not really use it.

Like it because that is mom handmade for them.
Not use it because in deep down, the stuffs that I made for them not really suit their style.

Now I learn that only if they speak out or tell me, means they really want that.

This time my sweetie told me that she likes to wear headbands but not the elastic one. And she likes the headbands sparkle, just like tiara, she wants to be a princess all the times. SO I use......

1) Plain headbands, no pattern on it
2) Purple rhinestone (she likes purple)
3) 1mm cord or thread (I use rainbow-color)

How to make Rhinestone Headband by using Paracord technique

Actually, I made one that just glue the rhinestones on it but after wear couple times, it is quite easily fall apart. I glued it again, it fell apart again after wear.

By using the basic paracord techniques (refer to my post on basic paracord bracelet), I tied the rhinestones with cord to make it really firm that it won't fall apart. IT WORK!!!!

First, using the super glue to glue the rhinestones on the headband.

How to make Rhinestone Headband by using Paracord technique

Second, starting paracord! Just make sure in each knot, you have to adjust it to fit into the rhinestones and headband, it need to be tight.

Finally, keeping knotting until it reached your desired length. (end of the rhinestones). That's it!

It really sparkle and shining under the bright sun. Most important, she loves it soooooo much!

How to make Rhinestone Headband by using Paracord techniqueHow to make Rhinestone Headband by using Paracord technique

No comments:

Post a Comment